Wednesday 27 July 2011

It's all Schneewitchen's fault!

Last Sunday, 20110724, I became a jury for cosplay competition in a local Japanese event. Among the cosplayers who participated in the competition, there was a girl cosplaying as Schneewitchen. A few days before the event, I completely didn't know from what series Schneewitchen is, my only clue about Schneewitchen was the "Marchen" word. A night before the event [Saturday night], I asked Mbah Google about Schneewitchen, and Mbah Google answered that Schneewitchen is from Sound Horizon [Sanhora]'s album, Marchen.
Back to the event, when the girl cosplaying as Schneewitchen perfomed, she used Sanhora's song from album Marchen as backsound. That was my first time listening Sanhora's song. My first impression to that song is "Wow, IMBA!!". After her performance ended, she did some little promotion to promote Sanhora and even said that anybody who like Sanhora can contact her. Because of that, I became curious about Sanhora and after I got home from the event, I downloaded Marchen, listened all songs in that album, and said "Wow, it's awesome, unique, and IMBA!!" The songs are like stories, and I think it is like a musical theatre.
Since that day till now, I've listened Sanhora's songs again and again, downloaded its other albums. My favorite songs are 硝子の棺で眠る姫君 [it is read "Garasu no Hitsugi de Nemuru Hime-kun" or "Garasu no Hitsugi de Nemuru Himegimi"?] from Marchen and Shinryaku Suru Mono Sareru Mono from Seisen no Ibara, but I like other songs too. Ah, I really want to watch Sanhora's 7th story concert, Marchen, which is according to the trailer that I wathced, the concert was like a musical theatre, and it really interests me. By the way, the DVD of 7th story concert is released today in Japan [cmiiw], so where [and when] can I download the DVD-rip version? :p

1 comment:

minoru said...

Haha good for you bro. Welcome to the club!

Btw there're so much my fave Sanhora songs, some of them are 砂塵の彼方へ [Sajin no Kanata he] from Dream Port album (which collaborated with Yuki Kajiura) and 石畳の緋き悪魔 [Ishidatami no Akaki Akuma] from Seisen no Iberia.